Friday, April 23, 2010

Where I Find Good Recipes Online

By and large, I am a cookbook chef. However, the internet has some good places to find recipes or to have recipes find you. I am a big Mark Bittman fan (food writer and cookbook author) and followed his food blog from its solo version to its recent move to the Diner's Journal. This is a great source of recipes, some of which you'll find in Wednesday's NYT's Dining In/Out section, others you may not. Last week I prepared Carrot and Tahini Soup from the NYT and it was phenomenal.

The next site I recommend is MyRecipes.com which is the online entity of whatever company publishes Cooking Light magazine and about 10 others that I don't know much about. For daily cooking this is a great resource for tasty, easy, fresh, nutrition conscious recipes. There's lots of things to stumble upon if you browse but what I like to do is either use their great Enhanced Recipe Search or access recipes through their daily Dinner Tonight pages either as an RSS feed or sent to my email address.

I've got a few others for a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment