Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lasagna Tonight




My lasagna is nothing special but it is a utilitarian lasagna and I can get it into the oven with minimal fuss, and, my kids will eat it. So, company coming with kids tonight, no idea what their eating habits are, so lasagna.

Usually I use the Ronzoni oven ready noodles and I make the recipe on the back (or find it here) but I prepare it in a 9x9 glass pan so that it is a taller lasagna. When company comes I double the filling, buy extra noodles, and just keep staking the layers in a 9x13 pan until I run out of filling. Now that's a nice thick lasagna.

I don't make my own sauce, I use bottled and if I have some open cans of whole tomatoes in the fridge or some open diced, I add it. It's not like my mother's lasagna; bechemel, a lite homemade sauce, that's Milanese fine dining.

No comments:

Post a Comment