Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Kitchen Sync

No Julia & Julia here. Do love to cook though and find myself thinking about it and related things often... hence the blog.

I cook from cookbooks. No natural talent to throw together ingredients from my fridge but resourceful enough to say, "hey, this is what I have on hand, let me look for a recipe." So dependent am I on recipes that even when I cook an old stand-by dish, I pull out the recipe and follow it closely. Is there a name for people like me?

Received the "Gourmet" cookbook for Christmas and cooked like a fiend from it in January to March. Probably four dishes a week. Took a breather from Ruth Reichl and picked up Marcella Hazan's "Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking" and Claudia Roden's "The Food of Italy." From moderately maximalist to Italian minimalism. What a change. The most fun part of the transition have been a few forays into whole fish, more on that later.

I'll get some photos up, give some recipes, and generally talk cooking and food. Let's see where this leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment