Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Rosemary-Orange Dressing

And another from Bon Appetit's Ultimate Summer Menu Guide. I really like olives so I gave Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Rosemary-Orange Dressing a try. Didn't know what to make of the combination of olive and orange and was happy to see that it all worked out quite nicely. The recipe calls for boneless breast of chicken, skin-on. The chicken breast was to be "stuffed" under the skin. Never seen that cut of chicken in my supermarket so opted for boneless, skinless breast. I made a deep cut into the thickest part of the breast and stuffed it. The thin layer of stuffing required nothing to secure the breast, it all stayed put. This all looked great on the grill; especially the orange sections which grilled up beautifully and provided a nice burst of color but little else.
As a side I prepared the Roasted Fingerling Potato Salad, also from BA. My supermarket sells a small bag of tri-colored baby potatoes that were perfect for this salad. The mustard vinaigrette dressing and hard-boiled egg made for a nice rich flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment