Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More From Mario Batali

With Mario Batali's Italian Grilling home from the library I've been working through it and generally I like it. I'm a huge grilled shrimp fan and so I gave the Warm Shrimp Salad w/ Green Beans and Chiles a try. I think that there are great frozen shrimp to be found at supermarkets and if you stick with the 21-25/lb size they are easy to handle and especially easy to grill with no unique equipment. I buy the peeled de-veined shrimps and then I remove the tail shell; they defrost in a colander with cold running water. I line them up on the grill like troops massed at the border. They really give you the best of grilling; they soak up smoke flavor and marinades caramelize nicely on them for great taste and color. Go out and get some shrimp to grill! This meal came together quickly and we ate it solo. I didn't include toasted hazelnuts because I forgot to buy them but I bet they would have been great in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment