Saturday, July 3, 2010

Salmon with Sweet Chili Glaze, Sugar Snap Peas, and Pea Tendrils

I think that this was the cover recipe of the April 2010 Bon Appetit magazine, but don't hold me to that.  Anyway, I'll take any excuse to grill salmon and Salmon with Sweet Chili Glaze was a good one.  Just a few notes on this great salmon meal; the pea tendrils proved elusive so I settled for bean sprouts which were fine and fit in nicely with the decidedly Asian feel of the meal; the recipe sent me out to purchase Asian Sweet Chili Sauce which was a great find and a wonderful addition to my pantry.  Since buying it I've used it a few times as a marinade (mixed with fish sauce and soy sauce) for grilled shrimp.  It has a nice sweetness and heat that some might find OK but I like to make it spicier by mixing in Huy Fong, Chili Garlic Sauce which is HOT and tasty.  I used to buy this by the case from the manufacturer, now it is carried by my local supermarket.  In addition to the snow peas and sprouts, I served the fish with a Leek Salad from Mark Bittman's The Best Recipes in the World.  If someone suggests that a recipe can be made with black olives, I give it a shot, it was a good addition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment