Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Baby It's Hot Outside...

Hot! July was merciless, even cooking outside was tough so more often than usual we took refuge in air-conditioned restaurants. When it's 97 degrees and I'm going out for dinner my only criteria is, "how strong is the AC?"
Anyway, I did a few items on the grill that I can share. Here's one from Mark Bittman's Skewered Chicken Thighs with Peanut Sauce from The Best Recipes in the World. These were a tasty and fun item, being on skewers and all... Anyway you're just making a marinade and then skewering the thighs. This version calls for the thighs to be chopped up but I spread them out and cut them in half long-ways. You could also skewer the thighs, cut the points off the skewers, put them, chicken end down, in a plastic bag, pour in the marinade, mush them all together and stand them up in a tall bar glass in the refrigerator...that's what I did. On the grill the peanut sauce can burn so pay attention. Also, grilled skewered thighs have a real Asian street food look to them...like grilled seahorses. I served this with Herbed Jasmine Rice...from my wife's collection of potted herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment